Wildcat Birth Doula Collective of Baltimore
Organized by: Elizabeth Jones
Wildcat Birth Doula Collective is a Baltimore City-based organization that provides trauma-informed doula support to pregnant and parenting individuals on a sliding scale with pro bono services available to individuals with significant barriers to care such as: homelessness, incarceration, substance use, intimate partner violence, immigration status and employment in sex work.
Our model for doula care is to provide non-judgmental, loving support to pregnant and parenting individuals through the whole range of reproductive experiences including pregnancy, birth, postpartum, miscarriage and infant loss, abortion, and adoption.
Our focus on trauma-informed care acknowledges the prevalence of life trauma in the lives of cis women and trans individuals, especially in marginalized communities, and the ways in which this trauma affects the experiences of pregnancy and new parenthood.
Doula care is often only available to those with the means to afford the typical charge of $600-$1,000, which is almost always an out of pocket cost. Our sliding scale and pro bono services help to make the valuable knowledge and support of trained doulas available to those who could benefit from the added care most.
In order to fund our work, we rely on paid clients and generous donations from individuals who support reproductive justice and quality maternal and infant healthcare.
We are currently raising funds to help expand and diversify our collective in order to make quality doula care available for more members of the community.
In the new year, we hope to:
- Begin providing doula care to incarcerated pregnant individuals at Maryland Correctional Institute for Women through our recently-approved Justice Doula Project
- Grow our collective with a new group of dedicated, experienced, diverse doulas
- Expand our services in community-based organizations and local hospitals
- Expand our services to include grief and loss, abortion, and adoption support
- Obtain 501(c)3 status
Your donations help make Wildcat Birth Doula Collective's mission a sustainable reality for our doulas and the clients we serve.
- $25 = one hour of postpartum support or one infant feeding consultation for a family in need
- $50 = prenatal support and childbirth education for a family in need
- $175 = a month of workspace for our collective
- $250 = continuous labor support for a family in need
- $500 = a full doula support package including parent support groups, prenatal education and support, continuous labor support, and postpartum follow-ups for one incarcerated pregnant person
Every little bit helps us be able to dedicate the necessary time and energy to our clients and the collective, which we consider our life's work.
You can learn more about us at: