BENEFITING: International Mountain Bicycling Association
EVENT DATE: Dec 14, 2016
Mountain Bike the Tetons wrote -
Winter shouldn't mean singletrack trails go away. Help Mountain Bike the Tetons, Friends of Pathways, and Teton Valley Trails and Pathways, in partnership with Fitzgerald's Bicycles, to bring you winter singletrack grooming in Cache Creek, Teton Springs and Pioneer Park this winter.
If we reach our $5,200 goal by December 15 a group of generous businesses including the Hub Bicycles, Hoback Sports, Headwall Sports, Teton Mountain Bike Tours and Peaked Sports have agreed to donate the last $2,500 CASH to the cause! But, the community needs to step up and raise the first $5,200 by December 15 to get these benefits.
Bonus incentive? Any donation of $100 or more will be entered into a raffle to win a Salsa Beargrease X5, size large, donated by Fitzgerald's Bicycles and Salsa Cycles.
What will this fund?
1) The Cache Creek grooming program, providing a compact groomed snow surface nearly 11 miles of singletrack trail in Cache Creek for fat bikers, runners, hikers, snowshoers, and xc skiers.
- Mechanical grooming of 5 miles of trail: Hagen Highway, Hagen from bridge 3-5, Sidewalk Bridge 2-3, a new winter-only loop in Petersen Meadow just above the exit of Hagen, and grooming on the road all the way up to Noker Mine.
- Human grooming of Hagen, Sidewalk Bridge 1-2 and Upper Hagen in Cache Creek. Human Grooming Ferrins Trail pending USFS approval.
2) 6-8 miles of groomed singletrack in Teton Springs
3) 4 miles of groomed singletrack of Pioneer Park
What are the costs?
- 1 singletrack grooming roller with with weight plates for Cache Creek = $950. To be owned by Friends of Pathways.
- 1 singletrack grooming roller with with weight plates for Pioneer Park = $950. To be owned by Mountain Bike the Tetons. (This roller will move to Mike Harris in Victor ASAP after the Southern Valley Rec. Project decision.)
- Seasons worth of fuel for all 3 locations = $750
- Human Grooming: Labor to continue human grooming of Hagen, Sidewalk Bridge 1-2 and Upper Hagen in Cache Creek. Human Grooming Ferrins Trail pending USFS approval. = $800
- Replacement parts, maintenance, storage and insurance for use of Fitzgerald's Bicycles' snowmobile to groom Cache Creek = $500
- Snowshoes and grooming sleds for volunteer human groomers = $500
- Safety equipment for Cache Creek groomers (lights, emergency gear, packs) = $250
- A starter fund to buy our own snowmobile for the 2017-18 grooming season = $3,000
Project Grand Total : $7,700
Matching fund = $2,500
Community needs to raise $5,200!