We're getting close!
April 21, 2016
Walk with us -- at Somerset, or online through your generous donation.
Did you know that every 20 minutes someone is diagnosed with autism? And that 1 in 68 individuals has an autism spectrum disorder?
ASOC is a grass roots non-profit dedicated to supporting 16,000 individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families in Oakland County. Given the sheer numbers of people on the spectrum aging into teens and adulthood, the chapter has aligned their strategic focus to create and improve opportunities and services for teens and adults.
Programs and Services this year have included:
- Autism Awareness kit has been loaned free of charge, as a tool to raise acceptance and awareness for community presentations with over 2,700 people.
- Supported social opportunities and community events attended by over 1,700 individuals.
- Helped with recreational programs serving over 2,300 individuals with autism of all ages and with a variety of interests
- Aiding program which have provided over 2,400 young adults with the skills to become valuable employees
- Working with programs benefitting over 2,800 adults with the steps to independent living and seeking employment
We walk for Garrett and to support the ASOC!!