Skip to content
susangkomenbreastcan63's profile image - click for profile

SUSAN G KOMEN BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION's Fundraiser:

WITSTOCK Pink Ribbon Walk

SUSAN G KOMEN BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION's Photo

THE STORY:

Western Iowa Tech is celebrating its 10th year of the WITSTOCK Battle of Bands free concert. The event has grown into a competition of over 74 bands on stage throughout the years. This year's WITSTOCK will be held Friday, Sept. 11 beginning at 5 p.m. In recent years, WITSTOCK has formed a niche and become a family evening with Rock-n-Roll, free music, free food, smoke free, alcohol free, and most of all...family friendly. This year the WIT students are proud to present the WITSTOCK Pink Ribbon Walk on the following morning, Sat. Sept. 12 from 9 a.m. to noon. All proceeds from both events will go to Susan G. Komen Siouxland. Komen Siouxland mission is to end breast cancer and 75 percent of all proceed fund programs in Siouxland while the remaining 25 percent funds breast cancer research. About Susan G. Komen and Susan G. Komen Siouxland Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure and launched the global breast cancer movement. The Siouxland Affiliate of Komen for the Cure is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in the local community. They join more than a million breast cancer survivors and activists around the globe as part of the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer. The Komen Siouxland Affiliate has invested over $1 million in community breast health programs in our seven county service area with events like the WITSTOCK Pink Ribbon Walk. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Affiliate stays in the Siouxland Community. The remaining income goes to the national Susan G. Komen Grants Program to fund breast cancer research. For more information, call the Siouxland Affiliate at (712) 277-1553 or visit www.komensiouxland.org. About WITCC “As a comprehensive community college, our mission is to provide quality education and to economically enhance the communities we serve.”

The Team: $0 TOTAL RAISED SO FAR

JOIN THE TEAM

Want to help Fundraise or Volunteer for this amazing Fundraiser? Join the Team

Donor Comments

Be the first to Donate to SUSAN G KOMEN BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION and WITSTOCK Pink Ribbon Walk.