Women in Transition provides a free 12-week program of study whereby we provide, free Basic Computer skills, Computer Literacy, Pre-Employment/Work Maturity Skills Internet Basics, Basic Business Skills, Basic Keyboarding Skills and Motivational/Life Skills to women that are homeless, live in disadvantaged neighborthoods, senior, high-school drop-out, disabled and access benefits to work.
We also provide services to youth ages 7-18 years. Our lab is set up to help youth that do not have computers and WIFI in the home. The lab is open for youth to work on homework assignments, financial aid forms, study for GED, computer basics, career assessments and any other help they may need.
- Other services we provide are:
- GED Prep to teens and adults in partnership with Miami Dade Community College 6/2008
- Motivational Workshops
- Career Counseling
- Provide referrals to women seeking shelter
- ACCESS Center for individuals to apply for government benefits
- Provide school supplies for children of women that are economically disadvantaged
- Provide gifts during the holidays, necessities and clothing to homeless women and their children.
- Provide Thanksgiving Dinner Boxes to needy families
- Sponsor yearly Mother’s Day Breakfast for homeless women
- Parenting Classes (Sister S.W. Lee)
- After school homework assistance to youth
- Summer Program for youth (2016)
- Financial Aid application assistance