BENEFITING: WOMEN ORGANIZED TO MAKE ABUSE NON EXISTENT INC
EVENT: Purple Purse Challenge 2015
EVENT DATE: Oct 27, 2015
I volunteer my time on the Board of W.O.M.A.N. Inc. (Woman Organized to Make Abuse Nonexistent) that helps support survivors of domestic violence. For the month of October, I’m actively fundraising through Allstate’s Purple Purse Challenge which advocates women’s empowerment through financial freedom.
Domestic violence affects 1 in 3 women in their lifetime, and the number one reason victims remain in relationships with their abusers is that they lack the financial resources to break free. This past year has seen violence against women garner more attention in the media. Violence against women and children is the most pervasive human rights challenge of our time. Here are some shocking statitistics from the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV).
I personally have witnessed many friends and family members that stay in unhealthy and abusive relationships which is why I am most passionate about this cause.
W.O.M.A.N. Inc. provides programs and services to support not only the survivor but also their children, extended family, and household pets.
I hope you have time to watch the video on my fundraiser page. The Allstate Purple Purse Challenge ends October 27th. My goal is to raise $2000, but I can’t do this without your support.
Domestic violence knows no boundaries – geographic, social, demographic or economic. W.O.M.A.N. Inc. extends programs and services to include LGBTQ survivors. I want to prove that compassion has no limits as well.
As my way to give back to you for your donation I’m offering several raffle items in return for your generousity. Many of you know in my spare time I work as a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) and provide career services and life coaching for people in need.
If you donate you will be eligible for the following raffle items (you can also pay it forward to friends and family if you win):
- For every $10 or more you donate, your name will be entered in a raffle to win one of ten purple purse charms (see picture).
- For every $25 or more you donate, your name will be entered in a raffle to win cover letter and resume consultation / creation from me (Value $300).
- For every $50 or more you donate, your name will be entered in a raffle to win one month of Co-active Life Coaching from me (Value $400).
- For every $100 or more that you donate, you will receive a complimentary ticket to a one day retreat on “How to Make 2016 Your Best Year Yet!” (Value Priceless)
Please know that there is no donation too small, every gift will make a difference, and of course, all donations are tax deductible.
All of the funds raised go to W.O.M.A.N. Inc. programs and service, such as:
- 24 Hour Support Line
- Drop-In Support:
- Support Groups
- Latina Program
- Children's group
- Volunteer Program
- Education & Outreach
- Domestic Violence Information & Referral Center (DVIRC)
For more information about W.O.M.A.N. Inc. see the hyper links below.
I thank you very much for taking the time to read this, and I thank you in advance for your support.