BENEFITING: WOMEN ORGANIZED TO MAKE ABUSE NON EXISTENT INC
EVENT: Purple Purse Challenge
EVENT DATE: Oct 27, 2015
I am proud to have been part of W.O.M.A.N., Inc. since 2005. I came to the agency to complete my MFT traineeship and I was as honored to work with for this agency,consisting of a small yet commited team and amazing volunteers then as I am today! Back then I was new to nonprofits and was not aware of the importance of things like unrestriced funds. Today, I know well just how important every dollar we recieve is and grateful we are for the support we get.
Having worked in various roles within the agency, I have witnessed the direct impact of our programs on the lives of those we serve. We are currently in a time of growth and expansion. We have recently extended our services to not only help survivors of domestic violence, but anyone who has been impacted by this issue. Domestic violence is a community issue and together, our work will make a difference.
I truly appreciate your consideration in making a donation and I know every single dollar counts. Thank you so much!
Read more about how your donation will make an impact below:
W.O.M.A.N., Inc. supports those impacted by violence using an innovative approach to services and programs that build stronger, safer communities.
We act as a pivotal change agent with our impact focused on intervention and improving access to high-quality care and services for all lives impacted by domestic violence. To accomplish this goal, we establish innovative, high-performing partnerships with other domestic violence agencies and ensure a supportive community infrastructure through a variety of programs and service.
- 24 Hour Support Line
- Drop-In Support:
- Support Groups
- Latina Program
- Volunteer Program
- Education & Outreach
- Domestic Violence Information & Refferal Center(DVIRC)
Please make a donation today and join our community of supporters who impact changes in the lives of survivors of all communities. Every bit helps:
- $1000 will provide 75 hours of crisis line counseling on our 24-hour support line.
- $750 will enable 25 survivors to receive one-one therapy services.
- $50 will enable 30 monolingual Spanish speaking survivors receive support in their native language.
- $100 will enable us to provide 40 hours of training for a volunteer to support healthy relationships in our communities.
- $50 will allow 3 survivors to receive groceries to feed their families.
- $25 will allow 1 survivor to receive emotional and practical support via accompaniment to a legal appointment.
- $10 will help 3 survivors to receive essential support such as public transportation tickets and gift cards for toiletries.