October 16, 2016
BENEFITING: WOMEN ORGANIZED TO MAKE ABUSE NON EXISTENT INC
ORGANIZER: W.O.M.A.N., Inc.
Thank you for visiting my fundraiser page. I volunteer my time on the Board of W.O.M.A.N. Inc. (Women Organized to Make Abuse Nonexistent) that helps support survivors of domestic violence. For the month of October, I’m actively fundraising through Allstate’s Purple Purse Challenge which advocates women’s empowerment through financial freedom.
Domestic violence affects 1 in 3 women in their lifetime, and the number one reason victims remain in relationships with their abusers is that they lack the financial resources to break free. These past years have seen violence against women garner more attention in the media. Violence against women and children is the most pervasive human rights challenge of our time. Here are some shocking statitistics from the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV).
W.O.M.A.N. Inc. provides programs and services to support not only the survivor but also their children, extended family members, and even household pets.
Domestic violence knows no boundaries – geographic, social, demographic or economic. W.O.M.A.N. Inc. extends programs and services to include LGBTQ survivors. I want to prove that compassion has no limits as well.
I hope you have time to watch the video on my fundraiser page.
Please know that there is no donation too small, every gift will make a difference, and of course, all donations are tax deductible.
All of the funds raised go to W.O.M.A.N. Inc. programs and service, such as:
We are proud of the work we do and truly couldn't make it happen without your support. Please make a donation today and join our community of supporters who impact changes in the lives of survivors of all communities. Every bit helps:
- $1000 will provide 75 hours of crisis line counseling on our 24-hour support line.
- $750 will enable 25 survivors to receive one-one therapy services.
- $50 will enable 30 monolingual Spanish speaking survivors receive support in their native language.
- $100 will enable us to provide 40 hours of training for a volunteer to support healthy relationships in our communities.
- $50 will allow 3 survivors to receive groceries to feed their families.
- $25 will allow 1 survivor to receive emotional and practical support via accompaniment to a legal appointment.
- $10 will help 3 survivors to receive essential support such as public transportation tickets and gift cards for toiletries.