BENEFITING: HUMANITY FIRST USA
As-salamu alaykum (peace be upon you) and thank you for taking the time to visit my fundraising page!
I will be joining a team of volunteers in July for a Women's Health Camp in Guatemala, as a part of our work with Humanity First. Humanity First (http://usa.humanityfirst.org/) is a volunteer-based organization serving communities worldwide through various projects focusing on individuals and families in low-resource communities.
Globally, women continue to face multiple barriers in accessing even the most basic health care. These barriers arise for many reasons - limited resources, lack of focus on women's unique healthcare needs, poor infrastructure, among others.
Without access to basic, preventive care, women may face poorer health outcomes throughout their lives. With this in mind, the Women's Health Camp will travel to a community in need to provide direct services and health education to the local women.
Our goal is to reach at least 1,000 women. Some of the FREE services our camp will provide include:
- cervical cancer screenings and pelvic exams
- treatment for common vaginal infections and STIs
- breast exams
- blood pressure checks and anemia and glucose testing as needed
- general medications like pain pills, supplements, and contraceptive/hormonal regulative medications as needed
- education on vital topics like Women's Nutrition, Domestic Violence, Mental Health, Cervical cancer/Breast cancer, and more
The improved health and well-being of women and mothers can lead to healthier pregnancies, improved birth outcomes, healthier children, and ultimately healthier societies. Your financial support, even a small amount, will make a difference. Here are some examples from our medication and supply list that your donation could cover:
- $40 buys azithromycin
- treatment for chlamydia for 75 women
- $55 buys enough iodine to check for suspicious cervical cells for over a hundred women
- $65 dollars buys enough speculums for over 100 women's exams
- $100 buys 100 women one treatment for candidiasis
- $130 buy calcium supplements for 2 months for 16 women who are breastfeeding or pregnant. And the list goes on.
Donating through this website is simple, fast, and secure.
If you cannot make a financial donation at this time, your support, words of encouragement, and prayers are readily accepted :)
Please feel free to share this page with family and friends.