BENEFITING: HUMANITY FIRST USA
EVENT DATE: Jul 19, 2016
Hello everyone! Peace be with you!
This July, I am planning on going to Guatemala to volunteer at a women's Cervical Cancer Clinic for Humanity First. The clinic's purpose is to provide care for those who can not afford health care. The clinic provides women with free exams, free screenings, free consultations, free treatment, and free medication. However, since this clinic is completely self made, by the grace of Allah, the clinic needs to raise money so that we can continue to provide women with free health care.
Here's how you can help:
By donating to Humanity First, you would be helping us with the following:
- $40 buys azithromycin, treatment for chlamydia for 75 women.
- $55 buys enough iodine to check for suspicious cervical cells for over 100 women
- $65 dollars buys enough speculums for over 100 women's exams
- $100 buys 100 women one treatment for candidiasis
- $130 buy calcium supplements for 2 months for 16 women who are breastfeeding or pregnant.
This list does not even include the antibiotics and pain relievers that you could help us provide for these women.
Most of us are blessed to be able to afford healthcare so that we can take care of ourselves. These women, however are not as fortunate. They suffer from depression, anxiety, abuse, and infection, and also lack education and knowledge. By donating to this cause you could not only be bettering the lives of these women, but also the lives of their families. So please, make a difference in their lives and donate, every penny counts.
Thank you and may Allah be pleased with you!