BENEFITING: HUMANITY FIRST USA
Peace be upon you and thank you for visiting my fundraising page! I hope you will be able to join me in serving the women of Guatemala through this mission. Guatemala is a country of great history and beauty, but also a country facing extreme inequality due to its 30 year civil war. Women and children in particular are the most vulnerable as a consequence leading teen pregnancy, child marriage and major nutritional deficiencies. This camp aims to bring much needed medical services and attention to women who are unable to afford access or travel to a proper healthcare facility.
The goal is to serve over 1,000 women by providing:
- FREE education on vital topics like Women's Nutrition, Domestic Violence, Mental Health, Cervical cancer/Breast cancer, and more
- FREE cervical cancer screenings and pelvic exams
- FREE breast exams
- FREE treatment for common vaginal infections and STIs
- FREE general medications like pain pills, supplements, and contraceptive/hormonal regulative medications as needed
- FREE advice and consultations with nurses and local doctors
- FREE blood pressure checks and anemia and glucose testing as needed
Your donation will also potentially cover much needed medications and treatment such as:
- $40 buys azithromycin, treatment for chlamydia for 75 women
- $55 buys enough iodine to check for suspicious cervical cells for over a hundred women
- $65 buys enough speculums for over 100 women's exams
- $100 buys 100 women one treatment for candidiasis
- $130 buy calcium supplements for 2 months for 16 women who are breastfeeding or pregnant.
The list goes on with more antibiotics, pain relievers, supplies, and camp logistic needs but every dollar directly makes an impact, no matter how big or small. Please donate in any way you can! Money goes directly to the camp as I am paying for my own travel and lodging. Donating through this website is simple, fast and secure.
Thank you for your time and consideration,