October 09, 2017
BENEFITING: WOMENS RESOURCE CENTER INC
We believe that women have the right to live in safety, to be treated with dignity, to make choices and to hope.
Since 1975, The Women’s Resource Center in Norman, OK has been helping women live better lives. Over the years we have redefined our goals to meet the changing needs of the community. Our primary work is to help people victimized by domestic and sexual violence. The Shelter, the Rape Crisis Center, and the Satellite Office fill an urgent need. The WRC is the only organization providing these services in Cleveland County.
Crime against women affects all of us. We believe that education is the first step toward prevention. Information will make people more sensitive to the needs of victims of violence, more willing to take a hard look at the causes of these crimes, and better able to find ways to prevent them.
We are dedicated to the belief that members of our community deserve to live in safety and without violence. Every day we work to make this a stronger possibility for the people we serve.
There is no charge for receiving services at the Women’s Resource Center.
- Domestic Violence (405) 701-5540
- Sexual Assault (405) 701-5660
Emergency Protective Orders
Domestic Violence Forensic Exams
Speakers Bureau / Community Education
We are proud of the work we do and truly couldn't make it happen without your support. Please make a donation today and join our community of supporters who impact changes in the lives of survivors of all communities. Every bit helps:
- $1000 will provide 75 hours of crisis line counseling on our 24-hour support line.
- $750 will enable 25 survivors to receive one-one therapy services.
- $500 will enable 30 monolingual Spanish speaking survivors receive support in their native language.
- $200 will provide a domestic violence forensic exam by a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- $100 will enable us to provide 40 hours of training for a volunteer to support healthy relationships in our communities.
- $50 will allow 3 survivors to receive groceries to feed their families.
- $25 will allow 1 survivor to receive emotional and practical support via accompaniment to a legal appointment.
- $10 will help 3 survivors to receive essential support such as public transportation tickets and gift cards for toiletries.
- $7 will provide pregnancy tests for 3 femailes
Women's Resource Center, Inc.