Women devote their resources to their families; they prioritize nutritious food, secure housing, healthcare, education, and public safety – the basic elements of a prosperous community. By investing in women, benefits ripple through families and communities.
- A safe place for women living in violent environments;
- Integrated training, support, and capital – a ‘one-stop’ shop for services that previously required multiple trips to different providers;
- Targeted response to needs as defined by women. The Center’s integrated programs offer training in four core areas: Business and Job Skills Development, Health Education, Adult Education, and Gender Violence Response;
- Training in collaboration with existing local experts and organizations, expanding their reach and effectiveness;
- A supportive environment to develop leaders unified and committed to a social agenda that values women’s wisdom and priorities;
- Local economic development: The Center houses women-owned businesses, providing products and services the neighborhood lacks;
- Satisfying, well-paid jobs for community residents;
- A system of mentoring to build the community asset to self-sustainability within two years.