BENEFITING: WOMEN S DEBATE INSTITUTE
Our camp provides a space for debaters to learn about debate and to discuss the commonalities and differences in our gendered experiences that can lead to marginalization, exclusion, or harassment. It is our goal to build a community of people with a common mission: to end all forms of exclusion in debate.
The Women's Debate Institute has an all-volunteer faculty, has stopped charging registration fees, and gives out $6000 in travel stipends, in the hopes that cost will never be a barrier to attendance for any debater. Any donation amount is appreciated, but:
- $25 pays for one student's meals for one day
- $50 pays for one student's shuttle from the airport
- $100 pays for one student's lodging at the camp
- $200 pays for the 'ropes course' for 15 students
- $500 pays for the entire cost of one student's attendance