To inspire and support others through inclusive events and opportunities focused on the benefits of training for strength.
The Women’s Strength Coalition is committed to:
- Increasing Access: We seek to break down barriers to strength training, while acknowledging and dismantling the privilege that makes it prohibitive to many.
- Strength for All: We are a platform for diverse voices, and as such remain dedicated to uplifting all experiences equally.
- Collaboration: We provide support and visibility for existing nonprofits and organizations that align with our mission, as a way to make greater, sustainable change.
- Meaningful Partnerships: We are building a network of community leaders, like-minded fitness professionals, and affiliate gyms, to unify and strengthen efforts on a larger scale.
- Inform individuals of all orientations and identities of the mental and physical benefits of training for strength.
- Publish articles and interviews on our blog demonstrating the ways in which physical strength translates to mental resilience and power.
- Discuss identity as it relates to cultural and societal normative values to promote progressive, evolving mindsets.
- Provide sliding-scale programs, online coaching, and group classes led by licensed professionals, to increase access to fitness training
- Develop a positive environment for conversation and community focused on health, inclusion, and equality.
- Build an online network for fitness-industry nonprofits to answer questions and provide guidance to emerging organizations.
- Match volunteers to nonprofits according to interest and location.
- Introduce experienced and beginner lifters to one another and assist in forming chapters in cities across the country.
- Create opportunities, spaces, and events that are inclusive, safe, and uplifting for the purpose of benefiting community organizations and causes consistent with WSC’s mission and goals.
- Host powerlifting and weightlifting related events and competitions that allow for all identities to participate.
- Raise money for vital nonprofits and organizations that promote equality across a multitude of issues, such as health care, education, civil rights, and visibility.
- Call for inclusion in pre-existing sports and athletic organizations that lack sound structure surrounding transgender participation.