Brent Quimby via Crowdrise
February 10, 2014
BENEFITING: WOUNDED WEAR
“Wounded Wear's mission is to raise the national awareness of the sacrifice of wounded warriors, their families, and the families of fallen service members. In support of this mission Wounded Wear advocates on behalf and facilitates opportunities for those who have sacrificed so much, as well as providing free fashionable clothing kits and modifications to wounded warriors that empower them to rediscover the hero within.”
For more information about Wounded Wear, please visit their site at http://www.woundedwear.org/mission. There you will find more information including their tax identification number.
My intent is to raise awareness of this non-profit organization in order to support the exceptional service they provide to our nations wounded warriors and their families. Every race I plan on participating in this year is a tribute to those fallen, wounded, and currently deployed members of the armed services. Please help me as I attempt to recognize the everyday sacrifices they make. Below is a list of the races I plan on participating in this year. Follow me on Twitter @BQuims for updates and information.
2014 Race Schedule
- February 16: VA is For Lovers 14K (Team Hoyt VB): COMPLETE
- March 1: Final Kick Sports Treasure Run (Team Hoyt VB): COMPLETE
- March 22: Cerebal Palsy of Virginia 5K (Team Hoyt VB): COMPLETE
- April 26: Richmond Tri Club Sprint Triathlon: COMPLETE
- May 4: East Coast Super Spring Triathlon: COMPLETE
- June 7: Jamestown International Triathlon
- July 19: Tidewater Sprint Triathlon
- September 6: Patriot Half Iron Triathlon
- September 21: Sandman Sprint Triathlon
- October 5: Richmond Sprint Triathlon
- October 25: Beach to Battleship Half Iron Triathlon
**Races are subject to change as scheduling conflicts arise with work.
- Total Distance Run: 21.4 miles
- Total Distance Biked: 18.5 miles
- Total Distance Swam: .5 miles