Heidi Roussis via Crowdrise
November 09, 2013
BENEFITING: Women's Sports Foundation
ORGANIZER: Women's Sports Foundation
EVENT DATE: Nov 03, 2013
Women's Sports Foundation wrote -
WSF is appreciative of those who are interested in running on our behalf to raise awareness and money to support our mission of advancing the lives of women and girls through sports and physical activity. By joining Team WSF, you will truly embody our mission!
If you are interested in joining the team please go to the ING New York City Marathon page, http://www.nycmarathon.org, and apply through the non-guaranteed entry drawing which closes May 24. In order to be considered for a guaranteed entry through Team WSF you must apply for entry through the non-guaranteed entry drawing. Once you have completed your application, please forward a copy of your confirmation to SLevitz@WomensSportsFoundation.org to be included as a possible candidate for a guaranteed entry through Team WSF. The five (5) Team WSF entries will be awarded after the official marathon lottery. Also, please note that if you are selected for one of the five (5) guaranteed Team WSF entries there is a minimum fundraising requirement of $3,000.
Whether you are selected through the drawing or are granted one of the five (5) guaranteed Team WSF entries, please know that we would be thrilled to have you as part of the team. Please feel free to reach out to Shari Levitz, SLevitz@WomensSportsFoundation.org via e-mail or telephone, 646.490.2922, if you have any questions.
This year’s Team WSF marathon program will include:
- Monthly Team WSF calls to offer advice on training, race strategy, travel logistics, etc.
- Access to virtual coaching and corresponding from Kathrine Switzer, the first woman to officially run the Boston Marathon
- Optional use of the NYRR Online Training Program
- Nutrition resources and tips from our partners at Gatorade Sports Science Institute
- Team WSF dinner on November 2, 2013 and breakfast on November 4, 2013