BENEFITING: Women's Sports Foundation
ORGANIZER: Women's Sports Foundation
EVENT DATE: Nov 03, 2013
Women's Sports Foundation wrote -
First, congratulations to Team WSF 2013: Esi Eggleston Bracey (Cincinnati, OH), Julie Miller (Jacksonville, FL), Heidi Roussis (Westbury, NY), Maureen Smith (Sacramento, CA), and Kennedy Thorwarth (New York, NY). Whether this is your first, second, third or eleventh marathon, the fact that you are willing to dedicate the time to training is commendable.
WSF is also appreciative of those who are interested in running on our behalf to raise awareness and money to support our mission of advancing the lives of women and girls through sports and physical activity. By joining Team WSF, you will truly embody our mission! Though the Foundation does not have any guaranteed racing slots available at this time, we would be delighted to welcome you as part of Team WSF! Join our Team today.
This year’s Team WSF marathon program will include:
- Monthly Team WSF calls to offer advice on training, race strategy, travel logistics, etc.
- Access to virtual coaching and corresponding from Kathrine Switzer, the first woman to officially run the Boston Marathon
- Optional use of the NYRR Online Training Program
- Nutrition resources and tips from our partners at Gatorade Sports Science Institute
- Team WSF dinner on November 2, 2013 and breakfast on November 4, 2013
Whether you were selected through the drawing or were granted one of the five (5) guaranteed Team WSF entries, please know that we would be thrilled to have you as part of the team. Please feel free to reach out to Shari Levitz, SLevitz@WomensSportsFoundation.org via e-mail or telephone, 646.490.2922, if you have any questions.