Blue Cross RiverRink at Penn’s Landing
Join our team at FringeA-Thon, an epic outdoor, 12-hour dance-party-marathon supporting FringeArts.
When you join the WXPN Vinyl At Heart Team, 75% of your registration fee and donations raised by you will be directed to WXPN.
Event includes an exciting line-up of DJs, themed dance hours, pop-up dance performances, dance competitions, and a coordinated dance finale by all of the fundraising participants.
Dancing 12 hours is not required, but we challenge you to try! (See FringeA-Thon details below.)
Like you, we're music fans. For more than two decades countless fellow fans and musicians have joined us in building a community focused on music discovery and connecting artists with new audiences.
WXPN provides an unparalleled musical listening experience featuring contemporary music from many genres including rock, indie, folk, blues, R&B, and alt country. Our playlist is broad and comprised of international, national, and local artists ranging from brand new on the scene to legendary in stature.
WXPN is a member-supported radio station and nationally-recognized leader in Triple A (Adult Album Alternative) music programming. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) operation serving the Delaware Valley, Central PA, Poconos, Lehigh Valley, and North Jersey. While our broadcast license is held by the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania, we are financially independent and rely solely on the support of individuals who believe in our mission.
We focus exclusively on delivering the needs to the community of music fans and artists we serve.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT FRINGEA-THON
John Jarboe, artistic director of The Bearded Ladies Cabaret, host and curator of Get Pegged Cabaret, and general spectacle-maker will be the MC for the evening, coaching dancers through the entire 12 hours.
Melanie Cotton, local choreographer and dancer will be leading the step-by-step, communal group dance finale.
These DJs will whip the crowd into a sonic frenzy:
- DJ Cosmo Baker, a Philadelphia native and one of New York’s most exciting party-rocking DJs. He is a master of hip-hop, disco & funk, and electronic dance music, which he mixes and matches in his unique style.
- DJ lil’dave, a Philadelphia-based audio tastemaker with a propensity for funky grooves, broken boogie, and thumping bass.
- DJ Dame Luz, the Philadelphia-based DJ, remixer, producer, and promoter behind the legendary Holy Trinity parties and CutNPaste parties.
- DJ Rahsaan, a global-minded DJ and selector specializing in Boogaloo, Cuban rumba, Salsa Dura, Latin Disco, and more.
- DJ Rich Medina, an elite DJ who has joined the handful of DJs at the top of their field, and takes audiences on a sonic journey through hip-hop, house, soul, afrobeat, funk, breaks, and dance classics.
- DJ Royale, whose Philly roots have undeniably shaped his sound and has been described as 'timeless & technical' and has been known for hosting original parties with an 'everybody's welcome' ethos.
Pop-up performances from Philadelphia’s best professional dancers will filter through the crowd, teaching some new moves and demonstrating steps. Dancers include:
- Kemar Jewel and the Xcel Dance Crew, an exciting vogue crew who incorporate dance and theater to make magic.
- Steve Lunger (Steve Believe), a seasoned dance-battle master who will be coordinating friendly dance battles between competing teams.
- Powerhouse Blues, a community-based dance group that brings the blues to life
- Jazz Attack, an energetic and local dance troupe that teaches and practices swing and social dance moves
- Philly Dance Fitness, who will help reach fitness goals through fun and exciting dance moves
- Philadelphia Spin Coalition will keep you spinning with acrobatic hula hoopers
WHY DANCE YOUR ART OUT?
- Make a difference and spotlight, celebrate and support the arts community in Philadelphia.
- Express Yourself! No experience necessary. Dance participants come together and celebrate dance in their own meaningful way. Dance for 2 hours, dance for 12 hours. There are no limits on how long participants dance, just as long as they are having fun!
- Break a sweat! Dancing is good for you. Think of all of the calories you can burn!
HOW DOES IT BENEFIT THE ARTS COMMUNITY?
FringeA-thon offers a unique opportunity for local arts organizations, individual artists and other non-profits to become beneficiary partners. By participating in FringeA-Thon, beneficiary partners will dance to raise funds for FringeArts as well as their own organization or special projects.
Participating in FringeA-Thon as a beneficiary partner allows non-profit organizations and individual artists to spotlight special initiatives or projects using FringeA-Thon as a fundraising vehicle. FringeA-Thon will provide an online fundraising platform and a great 12-hour event to market your project or organization.
Beneficiary partners will create a team and recruit dancers to fundraise for their cause. All partners will receive a 75% split of all proceeds raised by their team (including the $25 registration fee). It’s a low impact way to raise additional funds while supporting the cultural sector of the city.
Interested in becoming a beneficiary partner? Email us at email@example.com.
FringeArts is here to help with your fundraising goal!
Click below for fundraising tips and ideas, sample letters, photos and stuff for social media, and more.
Special Thanks to our Sponsors!
Click here for details about sponsorship opportunities.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
FringeArts is Philadelphia’s home for contemporary performance, presenting progressive, world-class art that stretches the imagination and boldly defies expectation. As the city’s lead experimenter in the arts, FringeArts exposes audiences to unpredictable dance, theater and music performances by accomplished and emerging innovators who are pushing the boundaries of art-making and redefining the artistic landscape worldwide.