YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh via Crowdrise
November 26, 2012
The YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh is proud to be an Official Charity in the Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon.
By joining Team YMCA, you are helping to raise funds for Pittsburgh underserved residents while participating in the 2013 Pittsburgh Marathon, Half Marathon, 2-5 person Relay Team on May 5, 2013 or the 5K run or Kids Marathon (1-mile) on May 4, 2013.
$500 for Marathon participants
$350 for Half Marathon participants
$750 per Relay team
$150 for 5K participants
$50 for Kids Marathon participants
Team YMCA Runner Benefits
• Marathon Registration fees paid by the YMCA
• Team YMCA moisture-wicking shirt
• Cross-training classes and group runs through local YMCAs
• Fundraising incentive prizes (YMCA memberships, camping trips, Marathon VIP tickets, gift cards)
• Option to join the Steel City Road Runners Club
How to register for the Pittsburgh Marathon events as a Team YMCA Member
• Do not register on the Pittsburgh Marathon website. If you have already registered via that website and want to run for Y, please email Gretchen North at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Register on this site to join Team YMCA by clicking the appropriate button on the upper right portion of this screen.
• Your registration fee will be covered by the YMCA when you reach your fundraising goal. (The sooner you reach your goal, the sooner you will be registered for this sell-out event).
Then click HERE to learn how to join a sub-team and support your local YMCA.
At the Y, we’re for Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. We value your support and maximize every contribution to help as many people as possible. Here are some of the ways we’ll use the funds you raise:
• $25 will provide seven meals to underserved elderly living in food deserts
• $50 will provide a senior with social connection through one month of membership or a season of youth sports for a child in need
• $100 will cover 10 weeks of swimming lessons for an inner-city child
• $125 will cover one week of summer camp for an inner-city child
• $200 will provide two weeks of shelter to a homeless man
• $250 will provide a month of emergency food assistance for a family of four
• $500 will introduce a child to the great outdoors through a week-long overnight camping experience
Thank you so much for the support!
Click here to visit our official website.
Click here to visit our charity profile page on CrowdRise.