One Day Left!
October 30, 2017
BENEFITING: YOUNG WOMENS CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION
Imagine that a woman you love; your sister, mother, daughter or friend; is crying out for help and no one was there to hear her or help her? Domestic violence is not an easy thing to escape. Most victims leave multiple times before leaving for good. Who will be there to stand in the gap and protect the victims from further abuse?
YOU CAN! A donation of $10 or more will help the YWCA Wheeling continue to provide a safe place for victims of domestic violence to receive the care and support needed to escape the cycle and begin life again.
The YWCA Wheeling was founded over one hundred and eleven years ago. In that time, they have served women and families in need in a variety of ways. The program continues to grow and expand to meet the changing needs of our community. Your support is the reason we can continue this mission.
Through the Allstate Purple Purse Challenge, we have the opportunity to raise funds that will directly support the women and families in the Ohio Valley.
You can join us! Join our team and start your own online fund raising page! Make a donation of $10 or more! Follow our progress and participate in the weekly challenges to help us earn bonus awards and more!
Open your hearts and share this message with your family and friends through email and social media!
Not sure what to give? Consider the following:
· $10 will provide a meal for a mother and child staying in shelter.
· $25 will provide necessities for a month (soap; toothpaste; deodorant; shampoo; etc)
· $50 will provide counseling & support groups for a child who has witnessed domestic violence.
· $100 will provide one month of transportation assistance helping commute to job interviews, work or school.
· $500 will provide legal/medical assistance for a victim of domestic violence.