BENEFITING: Young At Heart Pet Rescue, Inc.
ORGANIZER: Young At Heart Pet Rescue, Inc.
EVENT: Saving Pets Challenge 2016
Young At Heart Pet Rescue, Inc. wrote -
Since 2005, Young at Heart has been on the front line of giving senior dogs and cats a second chance. We rescue older pets from shelters where they were going to be euthanized because of their age, and find loving families to adopt them. We have been doing this by utilizing wonderful foster homes, however an adoption and sanctuary space is needed in order to save more lives.
After eleven years of saving hundreds of senior pets without a facility to call home, we have purchased 8 serene acres to build a safe haven to house and care for senior pets in need of a second chance. We own the property outright, the plans are drawn and submitted, and now we need your help to open the doors to a very special home for older animals.
Young at Heart is building an adoption center and safe haven just for senior pets, and we need your help to:
- Construct a home-like safe haven for more than 400 senior dogs and cats per year.
- Collaborate with local open-admission shelters to reduce the euthanasia rate for older, adoptable dogs and cats.
- Assist senior pets and their people on fixed incomes with pet food, supplies, and veterinary care to help keep senior pets and their people together.
- Provide volunteer and companion animal visitation opportunities to senior citizens that can no longer house their own pets in retirement and assisted living communities
- Launch a Peace of Mind pet program, allowing Young at Heart to care for senior pets if their guardians should become incapacitated or pass away.
A few grey hairs shouldn’t be the end of the world, but for an older pet in a traditional animal shelter, it often is. In a traditional shelter environment, the older the animal, the less chance it has to make it out of the shelter alive. Often these dogs and cats are just what people are looking for when they consider adopting a new pet; housebroken, calmer, good with kids and other animals, and already trained. They are great family pets and great for senior citizens. They have had years to perfect the art of loving a human unconditionally, and most do not get a second chance to find a new home. It’s time to provide a safe haven for senior pets that have nowhere left to go.
Together we can build a home where Love Has No Age Limit™ for older dogs and cats.
$25 or more and receive a limited edition Young at Heart sticker
$50 or more and receive all of the above plus a Love Has No Age Limit bracelet
$100 or more and receive all of the above plus a tote bag!
$250 or more and receive all of the above plus a mug!
$500 or more and receive all of the above plus a note penned by one of our rescued pets!
$1000 or more receive all of the above plus admission to our Sneak Peak Cocktail party at the adoption center (with a +1)
Thank you so much for your support!