Our mission at Young Musicians Inc. is to present fine arts and cultural programming in Evanston and Uinta County Wyoming, provide unique educational and performance opportunities for music students of all ages and ability levels, and to make music and the arts a higher priority in our public school systems.
What We Need
With many of our traditional funding sources reduced, depleted, and disappearing altogether we need to raise our own funds to fill the gaps and continue our mission to provide quality, educational arts and cultural events in our communities.
We believe that the arts have a profound effect on each one of us, and greatly improves the quality of life in our communities. With your help, we can continue our commitment to provide Uinta County with outstanding arts and cultural events that benefit children and families all year.
Young Musicians, Inc. was started in Evanston, Wyoming in 1995 with $50 and a few enthusiastic music teachers. These dedicated teachers wanted to bring professional artists into our isolated community to create special educational opportunities outside of school for their talented young music students. Since then, we have expanded to include year-round programming to serve all of the communities in Uinta County, and much of Southwest Wyoming. Our events include:
Uinta County Concert Series - runs from Jan - May and consists of up to 12 professional ensembles that perform in concert and offer an educational component.
Music, Arts & Theatre Camp - held in July, MAT Camp offers over 140 classes per day in world music, instrumental ensembles/technique, voice, theatre, dance, technology, art, and more, taught by a visiting staff of more than thirty members. The week culminates with a professional concert and student playing sessions.
Specialists in the Schools Project - run concurrently with the Uinta County Concert Series and brings in visiting professional artists that present educational outreach to schools and area organizations.
Young Musicians Festival - held in early April, is a solo and ensemble festival that includes educational workshops with visiting artists as well as an Honors Concert for competition winners.
Ceili at the Roundhouse Celtic Festival - in March offers a weekend of family entertainment and education about Celtic music and cultures to festival goers.
Approximately 8,000 people attend our events per year, with about half being children and youth. Every event we organize includes a chance for student participants to receive up close, individual attention from the visiting artist(s) that are brought in for professional concerts and performances.
- Young Musicians, Inc. is not a government entity, but is a nonprofit organization completely organized and run by the local community.
- Our hard working volunteers donate thousands of hours per year, saving tens of thousands of dollars in operating costs for the organization.
- Additional funding to help pay artist and programming fees, along with minimal operating expenses must be raised so tickets sales, student registrations and tuition can remain low and accessible for local community members.
- To help families in financial need, we have several work-to-trade volunteer programs that enable those who cannot pay to participate.
- With the help of generous sponsors over the years, we have been able to subsidize admission costs for several special groups of people including- youth alternative homes, Veterans, group-home clients, and senior citizens.
Other Ways You Can Help
- share, Share, SHARE! Spread the word about our efforts, and pass this fundraiser page on to everyone you know. Email, social media, word of mouth, everything counts!
- Volunteer - join the ranks of our hundreds of volunteers to lend a hand and make a difference you will be proud of. Visit our Volunteer Page to get started.
- Purchase Tickets to one of our upcoming events. Follow this link to our Homepage to see what's coming up.