BENEFITING: Children International
My name is Angel More and I am 14 years old. I am raising 100 thousand dollars for children around the world in poverty. I am doing this by climbing mountains. I have already climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro(19,500) and am the youngest girl to do so. My goal is to climb Mt. Aconcagua, 23,000 feet tall and the base camp of Everest. I am also raising awareness by swimming, in fact I have swam a total of 28 Alcatraz swims (from Alcatraz and back to shore 1.5 miles). As well, I swam from Golden Gate Bridge to Bay Bridge which is 10 kilometers(6 miles) 3 times. I have swam in international waters like Sweden and Chile. I have swam river, lakes, and oceans.
100% of the money donated goes to Children International.
I want to inspire other kids to reach their dreams by raising $100,000 for Children International youth programs. Click for video
What I love about about CI is that in addition to necessities like life saving medical care, food, education and clothing, kids get to find problems in their community and tackle them as a team with grants from CI. Last year kids took on issues such as recycling, chicken farming, education on the dangers of early marriage, and girls empowerment.
Please help me reach my goal and empower kids all over the world!
You can help by funding specific needs:
- $25 can provide one year of social and financial literacy training for one child
- $66 can fund one year of leadership training for one teenager
- $153 can educate one teen leader in how to teach critical health care issues so that she can train 50 other youth on how to stay safe and healthy
- $382 can provides one annual scholarship for youth to continue their secondary and higher education studies
- $685 can provide job training, placement and follow-up for one youth
Or you can sponsor a child with Children International. That costs just $28 per month to provide real and lasting change to a child in need.