BENEFITING: Young Professionals Mentoring Program Inc
What Is YPMP?
The “Young Professionals Mentoring Program (YPMP) is a non-profit youth mentoring organization dedicated to building lasting relationships between young professionals “mentors” and high school students “mentees”. Our goal is to enhance social development, provide positive role models, and give students a caring and supportive outlet. We believe that, through mentoring, we can help our student mentees set and reach their academic and personal goals. By contributing to our campaign you can provide highly-motivated, goal-oriented high school students with life-long mentors.
What Do We Need?
Our aim is to raise $15,000. All proceeds go directly to fund our events and the administrative costs associated with the program. This sole campaign will fund all of our events for the upcoming year. Additionally, we are a registered 501(c)(3) organization, so your donation is tax deductible.
There are two ways for you to show your support:
- Donate online here AND attend the YPMP Rooftop Party on Saturday, June 3rd @ 2pm. This year we are hosting the event during the day at Beer Authority (300 W 40th St, NY, NY). We will have drink specials, DJs, food and of course the silent auction!
- Donate online here even if you can't make the event. The majority of our donations last year came from people who were unable to attend the event.
Note: Each of our mentors has a personal goal to raise $300, so please select their name when donating so that your donation counts toward their total!
YPMP partners with The High School of Economics and Finance (HSEF), a public high school with approximately 750 students from all five boroughs of New York City. HSEF is located in lower Manhattan at 100 Trinity Place. We are currently mentoring 58 students and are extremely proud to be working with such an impressive group of young people. All YPMP mentors are trained by the New York City Board of Education and meet with their respective mentees at least once per month at YPMP organized events. Having a positive role model is extremely valuable to high school students as they are deciding on important life choices such as choosing a college, a major, and ultimately a career path. Since most mentors are at an early stage in their careers, they can provide relevant advice on these decisions based on their experiences. Additionally, having exposure to the wider group of mentors gives these students access to an excellent network of professionals to help them find internships and jobs once they graduate. YPMP has sponsored and led a number of group activities for our mentors and mentees. During the course of the academic year we organize monthly group events. The goal of these activities is to introduce our mentees to the many cultural and educational opportunities that New York City has to offer, by experiencing them together, and to build a lasting friendship and bond between mentor and mentee.
Other ways to help
Just because you can't contribute money, doesn't mean you can't help! There are other ways to help the cause:
- Join the cause - Join YPMP as a mentor (We are especially interested in mentors that want to take a leadership role within the program).
- Internships - We are always looking for internships for our mentees in business, finance and accounting related fields. If you are looking for young, motivated students eager to enter the workforce and make an impact, reach out to us.
- Information sessions - Our mentees love to learn about all types of businesses. If you are interested in hosting our group for an event, please let us know.
- Spread the word - Help us by sharing this campaign with family and friends.
For general information or inquiries about YPMP, please contact our Directors:
- Nick Cashan (email@example.com)
- Vic Punwani (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please contact:
- Dan Grayzel (email@example.com)
- Michelle Mintz (firstname.lastname@example.org)