BENEFITING: POINT FOUNDATION
EVENT DATE: Mar 20, 2011
I'm running the Los Angeles Marathon to help raise money for Help a Mother Out. HAMO is a non profit organization dedicated to providing diapers to babies whose parents can't afford them. HAMO is a sponsored program of Point, a 501(c)(3) organization.
Did you know
- 1 in 3 American families struggle to provide diapers for their baby.
- It can cost $1,100 a year to diaper a baby.
- Diapers are not covered under Food Stamps or WIC.
- Babies left in dirty diapers face greater risks for diaper rash, staph, and UTIs.
- Diapers are required to attend free or subsidized childcare programs.